ISL 2018-19 Matchday 15

Bengaluru FC vs Kerala Blasters

Kerala Blasters, the away team, started off the match, that was held at Sree Kanteerava Stadium, in a strong fashion, as Slavina Stojanovic scored from the penalty spot, after Kean Lewis had handled the ball inside the box. They finished the first half as the more dominant team and doubled their lead in the 40th minute through Courage Pekuson. Bengaluru however didn’t give up and scored two goals in the 69th and the 85th minutes, respectively, the both of them coming through Udanta Singh – Sunil Chhetri combo, with Harmanjyot Singh Khabra playing a major part in the second as well.

NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos

NEUFC and Delhi Dynamos played out a pretty exciting draw in the Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium, even though the possession stats were slightly skewed in NEUFC’s favour. The visitors took the lead, a short-lived one, in the 67th minute through their captain Marcos Tebar. NEUFC equalised three minutes later, as Ogbeche converted the penalty Narayan Das had conceded.

Jamshedpur FC vs Mumbai City FC

Jamshedpur defeated Mumbai City in Jamshedpur by a solitary goal, to keep their playoff hopes alive. They were dominant throughout the match, with Mumbai playing well in patches. The home team were finally rewarded in the 80th minute, after goalkeeper Amrinder weakly parried the ball onto Memo’s path, who headed it into the goal.

Chennaiyin FC vs Bengaluru FC

Chennaiyin FC pulled off a surprise 2-1 win over Bengaluru in the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, with Bengaluru showing signs of a potential loss in form. Chennaiyin took a two goal lead in the first half itself, in the 32nd and 42nd minutes, through Jeje and Gregory Nelson, respectively, with CK Vineeth involved in the build-up to both the goals. Sunil Chhetri scored from Xisco’s cross in the 57th minute, but the visitors were unable to really build on that momentum, and it was Chennaiyin’s second win of the tournament, thus far.

Pune City FC vs ATK

Pune City and ATK, two teams who have been really inconsistent in the tournament, met at Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Complex. Pune took the lead in the 17th minute, after Jon Johnson scored an own goal, when he deflected Marko Stankovic’s shot into his own net. ATK quickly equalised through Jayesh Rane in the 23rd minute. The visitors then took the lead in the 61st minute, after an Edu Garcia scored from the spot. In the 75th, however, Robin Singh equalised for Pune, through a header into the top-left corner, capping off a really good game of football between two equally balanced sides.











Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *