Hero Super Cup Quarter-Finals Round

Bengaluru FC vs Chennai City FC

The I-League Champions Chennai City edged past ISL Champions and defending Super Cup holders Bengaluru FC with a scoreline of 2-1. Nestor Gordillo (15′) opened the scoring for Chennai and Pedro Manzi (55′) doubled the team’s lead in the second half.¬† After Sunil Chhetri’s penalty was saved brilliantly by Chennai goalkeeper Mauro Boerchio, he pulled one back for Bengaluru at the 65th minute mark. The final scored remained 2-1 at the final whistle.

ATK vs Delhi Dynamos FC

This quarter-final tie turned out to be an epic encounter where ATK managed to hold onto their lead to overcome Delhi Dynamos in a match that ended 4-3 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar. After Mohammed Sajid Dhot (15′) gave Delhi the lead, Balwant Singh (23′) equalized for ATK within minutes. Then Manuel Lanzarote (28′) and Balwant Singh (34′) scored two quick goals to make it 3-1. Daniel Lalhlimpuia¬† instantly got one back for Delhi to end the first half with a scoreline of 3-2. In the second half, Balwant Singh (51′) completed a brilliant hat-trick to make it 4-2 in favour of ATK. Nandhakumar Sekar (72′) pulled another back for Delhi to make it 4-3, however the team couldn’t find their fourth. The match ended 4-3 after the final whistle was blown.

FC Goa vs Jamshedpur FC

FC Goa beat Jamshedpur FC 4-3 to set-up a semi-finals clash with Chennai City FC. After enjoying a 3-0 lead with goals from Edu Bedia (22′), an own goal from Pablo Morgano (45+2′) and Seriton Fernandes (64′), Morgado (69′) pulled one back for Jamshedpur. Ferran Corominas (73′[P]) converted from the spot to make it 4-1 for Goa. Then Sergio Cidoncha (76′) scored the second for Jamshedpur. On the 82nd minute mark, Edu Bedia was sent off for a second yellow he was shown for bringing down Morgado inside the penalty box. Carlos Calvo (83′[P]) converted the penalty to make it 4-3. A 10-man Goa team held on to their lead for the rest of the match.

Chennaiyin FC vs NorthEast United

Chennaiyin FC came back from a one goal deficit to beat NorthEast United 2-1 in the quarter-finals clash which was played at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar. After Rowlin Borges (9′) had put NorthEast United into the lead early in the match, Mailson Alves (33′) and Anirudh Thapa (40′) made it 2-1 in favour of Chennaiyin right before the first half ended. The score remained the same in the second half of the match.

Chennaiyin FC would be locking horns against ATK in the semi-finals battle.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *